Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Jane and the Shoes (Madrid 1992)

(cont.)

   At like 21:00 (I had to do it)....we went into another shoe store, because Jane, Kara, and I saw shoes we wanted to try on.  Both Kara and I tried on shoes, and then decided to buy them.  Jane finally got up enough nerve to ask to try on a pair.  While she was trying them on, we three were sitting facing the door.  All of a sudden, a man rushed into the store holding on to another man.  He had him in a headlock, and I just assumed he was giving him a friendly noogie.  I realized my blunder when I saw the blood dripping from his mouth.  It turns out that the bloody man tried to steal some shoes that were outside on clearance, and got caught in the act.
   So the shoe people rushed him to the back room.  Barb was about to throw up because the whole thing was pretty gruesome.  We wanted to leave, but Jane wanted to buy her damn black shoes.  So she got back in line.  I guess those shoes meant the world to her.  I guess she'd never seen anything quite like those shoes.
   Everyone else was running out of the store because the noogie victim was coming back to the front of the store.  But not Jane......the fighter for the black shoes.
   By this time we were begging Jane to leave the store, because the bloody man was screaming (right by Jane).  But she wouldn't listen to reason.
   Barb, Kara, and I ran out of the store.  Jane was the only person left in the store.  They had turned the lights out.  Jane was still in line, ladies and gentlemen.  We yelled at her to come on.
   Finally, ten minutes later, Jane came out from the store, with a bag in her hand.  The shoes were hers.  We asked her if she was crazy, and this is what she said:
 
   "Tricia and Kara got a pair of fucking shoes, and this fucking guy cut in front of me.  I wanted those fucking shoes!!!".......

   Needless to say, the "shoe incident" was just about the funniest thing that happened on the trip.

    (to be cont.)...

1 comment:

  1. That is determination for some fucking shoes..love it!

    ReplyDelete