Monday, March 13, 2017

Madrid April 13, 1992

   Well, it's like 11:00 p.m. here in Madrid, Spain, and I'm in my hotel room with Kara, Jane, and two girls from Nevada:  Barb and Chris.  Barb is a sweety, and is always nice to everyone ( Oh and they're from Las Vegas, Nevada!).  This is our second day here, and all and all things are going well.  It was bad at first.
   First of all, an eight hour flight to Zurich, Switzerland.  Jane was sitting to the left of me, and Kara to my right.  It front of us were Mike (a sophomore who is really uptight), Scott ( the funniest person alive), and Jim Gay( a freshman with a really great last name).
   The Bakers kept stashing airplane food into this bowling bag that they used as a carry on.  They also asked everyone if they could eat their leftovers.  They're so embarrassing.
   Kara and I laugh so hard we practically die, at everything and anything (especially the Bakers).  Our seats were really uncomfortable, and so we didn't sleep.  There was this gorgoeus man who looked like Adam Clayton from U2, but that's about it.
   When we finally got to Zurich, we had a three hour layover, and we ( Jane, Kara, and I ) were so tired, and I felt so dirty.
   Basically everyone in Europe smokes.  I say that because I was people watching in the airport, and everyone had a cigarette in their hand.  Then we finally got on our flight, and I saw the Pireneas (?) mountains through the window, which were so beautiful. They were snow capped....
   The airport at Madrid was FILTHY! ...cigarettes and other trash all over the ground.  We went through customs and got our luggage, and then someone from A.C.I.S. took us to our hotel.  It was sunny and warm, and I love Madrid.  The streets are so narrow--so many sidestreets.  The buildings are close together...........( to be cont.)........

No comments:

Post a Comment