Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Madrid April 14, 1992

   (cont.).......

   At first things were really bad, and Kara and I were like, "WHY were we stupid enough to go on an A.C.I.S. trip two years in a row!"....Our courier's name is Carina.  She is British, and is nothing like Hugh ( from last year).  I really don't like her, so I am not going to describe her.
   The reason things were going badly is because after we had gotten situated in our hotel toom, which had a bathroom the size of a gymnasium, Carina told us to move to three separate rooms.  We were like, "No way in hell!".  After about two hours of Mr. Baker arguing with her, Jane and I were put in a room with two girls who are part of our group, but not from our school. Kara got put in a room with Barb and Chris.  They are kind of under the Bakers' care because their advisor couldn't come on the trip at the last minute because of a death. 
   I ended up moving my stuff with Kara, Barb, and Chris, leaving Jane with those other girls.  Which isn't nice, but I really wanted to be in Kara's room.
   Anyway, before all the room confusion happened, all of us (minus Barb and Chris) went on a walk with the dreaded Bakers.
   I really like the "Madrilenos" because they seem really laid back--not always friendly though.  Watch out if they're driving, because they will hit you with no remorse!

(to be cont.......)


No comments:

Post a Comment