Friday, January 20, 2017

A hard stick....

      Home from Cancer Care, and couldn't be happier.  The hardest part about that is when they have to draw blood.  I'm a "hard stick", and today the technician looked about thirteen.  "Shit", I thought-- "A newbie"....I nervously suggested she try in my hand, since I seem to have better look there verses my inner arm.  Well she couldn't get it.  Thank God another girl---older, she has taken good care of me many times-- stepped in and took over.  She was my angel today.  I look for the blessings, and they are everywhere in plain view.  Blessings even in this whole cancer situation.  When you are vulnerable you notice them more I think.
   Anyway Dia turns eleven today-- she went to school with eyeliner on, and it looked like she paid an expert to perfectly apply it... scary.  I guess she is going to skip the awkward stage.
   Well I have some party planning to do--- catch y'all later.

1 comment: